“Plan for what is difficult when it is easy…” Sun Tzu
When you decide to start a life insurance policy and become a Money Multiplier Member, there is a simple process that follows. This post outlines how you can be better prepared and make the process as quick and smooth as possible.
Step 1: Preparing for the Application Specialist Phone Conversation
When you decide to start your policy, an application specialist will call you. This call will be for two reasons — (1.) To Schedule your Medical Exam (2.) To ask financial questions. Information to have available before this call is as follows:
- Do you have an existing life insurance policy that you purchased on your own (outside of an employee benefit plan). If so:
- What is the name of the company?
- What was the approximate date of issue?
- What is the death benefit?
- Will you be replacing this insurance? –This answer should be “no”, unless specifically required in order to obtain the new policy.
- Who is the beneficiary of the new policy? Typically, this is a spouse or a child and you’ll need the name, address, date of birth and social security number for this person.
- What is your total gross income? Gross income is the total amount of income you receive annually.
- What is your household net assets? Imagine if you sold everything you owned and paid off everything that you owed to anyone, this is the amount of money you would have left.
Step 2: Application Specialist Phone Conversation
During this call two things will happen: A medical exam will be scheduled and you’ll be asked the above stated questions. In order to be prepared for this step, have a few dates and times available for when your medical exam could take place and have step one completed.
The medical exam can take place anywhere that is convenient for you: your home, your office, or you can travel to a local office where they will administer the exam. The exam is simple and takes less than twenty minutes and is just to ensure you are as healthy on the inside as you look on the outside.
The application process is simple when you are prepared. Knowing these things in advance allows the phone call to run smoothly and allows your application specialist to get the information to the insurance agency in a timely manner.